Recovery Camp is a registered provider of the NDIS to help individuals, and carers.
Since 2013 Recovery Camp has delivered evidence-based programs for people experiencing ongoing illness, such as mental illness. These programs, each designed to provide you with unique and fun opportunities to realise your strengths, and your contribution to the recovery of others, are now accessible through NDIS.
Email us or call 0436446111 to talk about how a Recovery Camp program can be a part of your NDIS plan.
NDIS PROVIDER NUMBER: 4050014071
Support offered by Recovery Camp
Recovery Camp offers the following capacity building supports:
- Increased Social and Community Participation
- Improved Health and Well-being
- Improved Daily Living
How does it work?
Recovery Camp is an innovative community experience. People with a mental illness, spend a week with health facilitators at an therapeutic recreation camp, doing outdoors activities in the beautiful Australian bush. Together, they participate in a therapeutic, recovery-oriented activities program that facilitates interaction and individual growth.
The main focus of Recovery Camp is connection, community participation and therapeutic support.
Challenge By Choice Experiences
- You are supported to engage in experiences, such as rock-wall climbing, high ropes courses and problem solving activities. All these activities are ‘challenge by choice’ – you choose how much you challenge yourself (you don't have to climb the rock wall, but you can be a great support to others). These experiences promote teamwork, positive interactions and individual and group development.
- Connecting with others throughout camp is an integral aspect. You will be supported at camp to socially connect with others through experiences such as a bush dance, trivia night and conversations around the campfire.
- Recovery Camp provides a variety of physical and leisure activities such as bush walking, yoga and other fun recreational sports.
- The ability to express yourself is facilitated through a variety of creativity sessions such as art and tie-dye. In addition, you can make a meaningful impact on the recovery of others through the sharing of stories.
Contact us to talk about how Recovery Camp can be a part of your NDIS plan.